Joanna Young has posted a brilliant piece about the blogging habit on her Confident Writing Blog
Blogging is a powerful writing habit to develop.
With time, repetition and regular practice you’ll find that:
- Your creative mind generates new material, day after day, week after week
- New ideas for posts will pop, unbid, into your mind, asking to be written up and shared
- You notice words, images, resources, ideas that you can use as quarry for posts
- The feedback, responses and comments from readers help you to develop new material to share
- You develop ideas in response to the material you read on other blogs
- It’s easy and quick to generate new material
- It becomes easy, enjoyable even, to share your written work in public, online OR…..